Grants totalling £78 123 have been awarded to Cherry Burton to allow the construction of the Multi Sports Games Area (MUGA). In addition the project has been supported by the Parish Council who has allocated £2 547 from their budget and ERYC who have donated a further £2 000. The sports field committee are adding a further £2 000.
The MUGA will be built in the summer of 2014 and will be alongside the tennis courts. Six floodlights will allow the MUGA to be used until 10.00pm.
The site also includes a disabled access path from the car park to the entrance to the tennis courts.
The MUGA will have a 3 metre rebound fence all around and will be marked out for 5-side football, tennis, basketball and netball.
The MUGA will be freely available for use by the parishioners but will be bookable in advance for organised sporting events at a cost of £9.00 per hour. The floodlights are on a token basis with the tokens purchased from the Costcutter shop, 40 Main Street in Cherry Burton. The cost of the tokens will be £1.00 for 15 minutes. To book the MUGA follow the link here.
- The MUGA can be booked in advance by completing the on-line form
- Available dates and times can be viewed on the online diary
- No bookings will be accepted from anyone under the age of 16
- All bookings are in hourly blocks starting on the hour and lasting for 55 minutes to allow for equipment changeover and for users to finish and vacate the games area
- Payment must be made by PayPal via the online booking system.
- For block bookings (maximum of ten weeks) or for organised tournaments/events please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making a booking on the web site.
- The last bookable session will begin at 21:00 and finish at 22:00 when the lights (if required) will switch off.
- £9 per one hour session payable in advance.
- Tokens for the lights at £4 per hour are available from the Costcutter at 40 Main Street in Cherry Burton.
- For block bookings or organised tournaments the full charge will be payable before the first booked date.
- Once payment is made the charge is not refundable.
- Should Cherry Burton Sports Field Management committee have to cancel the booking, the full amount will be refunded.